Updated: Apr 5, 2021
Okey so I'm majorly excited DIY December is a phrase and an idea I've had in my mind since October. The concept is simple; to empower yourself to get your life back on track. The past few years have been strange! I felt the momentum of moving towards something greater and bigger than myself and then slowly I let doubt, fear and self criticism wield itself into my life, derail me and unfortunately I let it control everything. Now as negative as this sounds it was really what I needed and I'm grateful for the struggle and the growth I've had to go through to get to this point. But the point I'm at is far off track from where my soul calls me to be. Hence, the concept of DIY December was born.
This month is going to be a mega special, G-d willing pivotal month to bring all the loose ends of life together and create a more balanced, fulfilling, joyful lifestyle.
Here are some tools we can use and I plan to use to help conquer this plan.
1. Read 'man's search for meaning' by Victor Frankl to reignite or help figure out the why behind what you want to do.
2. Journaling and planning exercises - Draw out a plan for the next 3-5 years of where you want your life to be - use 'the fire starter sessions' and 'the desire map' book by Danielle LaPorte to help
3. Watch Lavendaire's dream-life series and complete the exercises in her emails attached to this series
4. Declutter your house to declutter your mind. Sort out everything you own to help make day-to-day life easier and more functional. Read 'the life changing magic of tidying up' by Marie Condo to help with this task if organisation does not come naturally to you (which it certainly doesn't for me)
5. Plan your ideal day and read 'the charge' and 'High performance habits' to work-out an ideal work-life balance and how to be more productive, successful and balanced in all areas of your life.
Other ideas to help:
Create a vision-board, complete all the little to-dos that have been piling up, get on top of finances
Other books to help:
5am club by Robin Sharma, Life's golden ticket by Brendon Burchard, money a love story by Kate Northrup , Start with why and find your why by Simon Sinek, the seven habits of highly effective people by Stephen R. Covey
Now I don't claim to know the answer and I don't claim to know if this will work. But I definitely think it's worth the effort to try and see where this plan takes me.
We're nearing the new calendar year and I feel the need for a major change, a life overhaul if you will I think it's the perfect time of year to rebalance so we can start January 2019 in a great, powerful way.
If you feel you're in that floating, need a change phase I hope that this can help you too in some way
I send you lots of love, luck and courage in your own journey of DIY December
p.s. I will update you at least once a week on my journey and I would love to hear if you do try any of these ideas, activities or books how they go for you :)